If your event has many separate dates then you can add new dates from an event's "Manage" page. You need to post one day of your event and then you can add more. Submit the first event date, then you can add dates to make any number of recurrences.
NOTE: If you are a calendar administrator or editor you will need to reach out to support to gain access to this feature for events created by a partner user. To access this feature on your own you should create a customer for yourself for more features when posting to your site.
To make any event a recurring event:
- Create the first date of the recurring event. This must be a single day event. You cannot add dates to an event that last more than one day. The info entered for this first instance will be on each instance of the event. More help here: How to submit an event.
- With the first date created, you will have an option to click the link on the page to view "My Events", that will take you to this link: app.evvnt.com/events.
- Find the singe-day event you created and click "Manage".
- There will be an option to "Add Dates" under the image for the event (see image above).
- Select "Daily" or "Weekly" and the system autofill the dates over a period of time OR select the "Custom" option to pick one or more specific dates to repeat the event.
- Once the date is created, you can then edit, delete, or upgrade any of single dates of the recurring event by selecting the 3-dots next to the event date.
If this option to "Add Dates" does not appear then it may be that your event is a multiday event. You cannot add dates to a multiday event. You must edit your event to be a single day and then you can add dates.
How to Handle Different Hours on Different Days
Example: my event is 3 - 6 PM on Wednesday and Thursday, 4 - 9 PM on Friday and Saturday, and 12 - 5 PM on Sunday.
How it's done:
Upgrade Events with Multiple Dates
Q: Does my one credit upgrade all my dates.
A: No. One credit is required for each date that you upgrade. You can pick which dates to upgrade. It can be useful to upgrade just some of your event dates and users will then see the full list if you include that in the description for the series of event. This lets you limit the number of credits you need to buy while still getting people's attention and highlighting the full series of dates.
Q: Can I just upgrade one long multi-day event and post the several single date instances?
A: Yes! This is a great solution to keep your long multi-day event in the featured section while still catching the attention of calendar browsers that are filtering by day to see the specific instances listed.
Two great options for upgrading a series of recurring events:
- You can create one event that is for the range of dates. That will cost one credit to promote and will show in the "upcoming events" list for the given starting date. It will show on the featured calendar as "On Now" after the start date and before the end date.
- You can create the first date as an event and then add additional dates that will be separate events and will cost additional credits to promote. This will place your event in the upcoming events list on each date the event is happening.
When you create a series of recurring event dates then each one will have an option to be upgraded. Having one or more of the series promoted will draw users to that details page. When they click on your featured event, they will see the other events in the series. You can upgrade any combination of one to all of the events in the series. Each date of the event is treated as a separate event to be upgraded with a credit each.
To upgrade an event that is in a series of recurring events:
- Login and head to app.evvnt.com/events or click on "My Events".
- Find the event you wish to upgrade and click "Manage".
- From the list of event dates, click on the 3-dots menu for the date(s) you'd like to upgrade.
- Select "Upgrade" and follow the prompts.
Q: Can I delete an entire series of events?
A: If none of the events have taken place then the answer is yes, you can use the "Cancel" button at the top of the event "Manage" page. However, once any event in the series has taken place then you will receive an error if you try to delete the series. If you encounter this issue then you can still delete events one at a time.
Q: Can I make one date in the series have different information than the others?
No. If you need one of the dates to have unique information then you will need to remove it from the series and post it as its own event. To do this: