You may have just submitted your event to your local calendar but it is not appearing there. There are a few potential reasons why:
- It usually takes a few seconds for the specific calendar to retrieve your event data. However, sometimes it can be delayed up to a few minutes. For every event, after a quick break, come back to the calendar page and see if the event is still not there (common)
- The address used for the venue of the event (or the city for a virtual event) may be outside of the area set by this calendar for free events. (common)
- The category used for the event does not match a list of approved categories for a category specific calendar (rare)
- Some calendars hold new events for a few hours or even days to allow an editor to moderate the submissions. If you think this may be the case, you can request confirmation of a calendar's moderation setting by contacting support (rare)
So, where is my event?
If your event was submitted successfully, then you would have received an email alerting you to your account or your new event's report. Once you have access to that email, you will be able to view and edit your event in a dashboard. To see the site(s) where you event was posted you can find your event and click on the "Report" for the event.
- Login at app.evvnt.com
- Navigate to "My Events"
- Click on "Report" for the relevant event
- Scroll to the bottom of the report to see the site(s) hosting the event. Clicking on the "Status" item will reveal the URL of the event details page on that site.
My event didn't go to the right site!
Each calendar has a set area for events. If the location of your event falls in the area set by the host site for the calendar, then it will belong to that calendar. If your event is not showing on a calendar then it is possible that the location entered for the event is not in the area for that calendar.
The area set by the publication may not include the location of your event. If this is the case then you can select "Promote your Event" or "Upgrade to Premium" so that you event submission is syndicated to a wider variety of local, national, and category-specific calendars. At checkout, you will be shown a detailed list of the targeted sites to confirm that the site you intend to reach is listed.
Your event may have been submitted with an inaccurate location. This can be caused by updating the address text fields before selecting "Reset Location". This can change the address text, but not the pin for the location on the map. The location on the map will override the text address and that may be the reason your event on the wrong calendar. If you think this is the case, or the map does not seem to match the text address, then you can fix the address by editing your event.
Step #1: Log in to Evvnt and click on "My Events".
Step #2: Find the event and select "Manage"
Step #3: Select "Edit" and then select "Edit" again, from the event preview page
Step #4: Scroll to the "Event Location" section ofhte event form.
Step #5: Select "Reset Location", and search for the accurate location. You can edit the text information after a pinpoint has been selected.
If you are still getting the message that this is not in the location are for of the calendar site you want, then your event is outside their 'free' event area. You can use the mini-map to zoom out and you will see a circular area(s) that shows the locations allowed for free events on this calendar.
Upgrade to Premium to send your event to dozens of sites in a click!
In some cases, to appear on a calendar and have your event location listed accurately, you will need to upgrade to a premium event to syndicate your event so that it appears on all calendars in an area.