You may have just submitted your event to your local calendar but it is not appearing there. There are a few potential reasons why:
- It usually takes a few seconds for the specific calendar to retrieve your event data. However, sometimes it can be delayed up to a few minutes. For every event, after a quick break, come back to the calendar page and see if the event is still not there (common)
- The address used for the venue of the event (or the city for a virtual event) may be outside of the area set by this calendar for free events. See image below. (common)
- The event was not fully published, and it is left in a draft state. Just log in at app.evvnt.com to find that draft and submit it. (common)
- The category used for the event does not match a list of approved categories for a category specific calendar (rare)
- Some calendars hold new events for a few hours or even days to allow an editor to moderate the submissions. If you think this may be the case, you can request confirmation of a calendar's moderation setting by contacting support (rare)
Each calendar site in our system has a defined area for events it will list. If the location of your event falls in the area set by the host site for the calendar, then it will belong to that calendar. If your event is not showing on a calendar then it is possible that the location entered for the event is not in the area for that calendar.
If your event was submitted successfully, then you would have received an email alerting you to your account or your new event's report. Once you have access to that email, you will be able to view and edit your event in a dashboard. To see the site(s) where you event was posted you can find your event and click on the "Report" for the event.
- Login at app.evvnt.com
- Navigate to "My Events"
- Click on "Report" for the relevant event
- Scroll to the bottom of the report to see the site(s) hosting the event. Clicking on the "Status" item will reveal the URL of the event details page on that site.
Our system will look at these factors when determining where your event should be posted:
- Where are you posting it from?
- What is the location of the event?
If you started on a calendar and clicked "Promote your event" then we will attempt to post the event to that calendar. Our system will look at the area set by the calendar's editors to see if the location you entered for your event is in that area. If your event does not fall within the area set by that calendar's editors then your event will instead go to our global evvnt.com/events calendar.
If you logged in as an Evvnt user before you submit your event, then our system will try to submit your event to the calendar that 'owns' your user. Our system will look at the area set by the calendar's editors to see if the location you entered for your event is in that area. The owner of your user is indicated by the logo in the top left of your dashboard. You can see this when you are logged in at app.evvnt.com. In the case, if your event is not within the area set by the site that owns your user, then the event will go to our global calendar.